Notice: There is no legacy documentation available for this item, so you are seeing the current documentation.
Did you know that All in One SEO Pro lets you add Schema markup for books?
This means that search engines can display rich snippets for your book like the example below.
You can’t force Google to display search results like this. It happens on a per search basis depending on whether they feel it’s the best way to display the results.
In this article we’ll cover the following:
Setting the Schema Type for Individual Books
Schema Controls for Books is available to customers with a Basic plan or above for All in One SEO Pro.
To set the Schema Type for individual content, edit your content and scroll down to the AIOSEO Settings section, then click on the Schema tab.
Now, click the Generate Schema button to open the Schema Generator.
You’ll see the Schema Types that are available.
Click the Add Schema icon next to Book to add it.
You can now edit the schema information.
Once done, click the Add Schema button to add the schema to the post.
The Book schema has now been added to the post.
If you would like to edit any of the schema properties or delete the graph, click the Edit Schema or Delete Schema buttons in the graph card.
Configuring the Book Specific Information
When you click on Book as the Schema Type for your content, you’ll see a popup with additional fields where you can enter your book information.
The information you set in All in One SEO only appears in the source code of your content. It does not appear as content visible to visitors on your site.
Complete the fields as described below:
- Title – Enter the title of the book. By default, this is set to your post title.
- Description – Enter the description of the book, By default, this is set to your post content.
- Author – Enter the name of the book author.
- Image – Select or upload an image of the book. You can also paste in the URL for an image into this field.
In the Edition section, you can set the following:
- Title – Enter the edition title.
- Book Edition – Enter the edition (number).
- Author – Enter the name of the edition author.
- ISBN – Enter the ISBN for the edition.
- Book Format – Select the format for the edition.
- Date Published – Enter the publish date for the edition.
Click on the Add Another Edition link to add more editions for the book.
Click the Delete button to delete an edition of the book.
Once you’ve completed the fields, click the Add Schema button to save them.
You can also save this as a template which you can use on other books by clicking the Save Schema as Template button.
You can learn about Schema Templates here.
Check out more documentation on our Schema Settings here.