Today is the day!
We just rolled out All in One SEO 4.1.5 and it’s a really exciting update!
In this release, we’ve completely revamped our redirect testing tool. Now, you can easily test URL redirect right within your WordPress dashboard and see the status code with a single click.
We’ve also added several new enhancements to our sitemaps for an even better user experience.
There’s a lot to share with you, so buckle in as we jump right into what’s new with our latest update.
Introducing AIOSEO Redirect Testing Tool
Ever wish if you could check URL redirection with a single click?
Monitoring URL redirects lets you troubleshoot your 404 errors or broken links so you can fix them before they hurt your search rankings. With our latest update, now you can easily monitor URL redirection with a single click without even visiting the page.
All you have to do is to click Check Redirect link. Instead of just redirecting you to the target URL, you’ll be shown a popup that shows the following redirect details…
- Status code: See what type of redirect it is, such as 301, 302, etc.
- Target URL: Check if the redirect is sending users to the actual target they’re supposed to go
- Redirected by: Figure out whether it was really a redirect by AIOSEO
New Enhancements to Sitemaps
We’ve also made several new improvements to our sitemaps in our 4.1.5 release that we know you’ll love for sure.
Here’s what’s new in a nutshell:
- Custom 404 Page: We’ve added a custom 404 page in your sitemap when there are no posts to show. This helps you to know that the sitemap is working
- Sitemap generation date: See when your sitemap was generated. This helps you figure out whether the sitemap has been cached or not
- Breadcrumbs to navigate between sitemap pages
- URL counts in the sitemap indexes
Before You Go…
That’s about it for this release. But before we wrap up, we want to let you know that your beloved SEO plugin just crossed 3 million active installs!
It’s a huge milestone for us and it wouldn’t be possible without the support of your loyal users. Thank you!
From the whole team, thank you for being part of the All in One SEO family. We have a lot of awesome stuff in the works and we can’t wait to get it out to our users!