Notice: There is no legacy documentation available for this item, so you are seeing the current documentation.
If you’re seeing the error message below when installing All in One SEO Pro then this article will help you:
The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive
The reason you’re seeing this error is because your hosting company has set a very low limit on the maximum size for uploads.
This error is not specific to All in One SEO and would affect the uploading of all other plugins, themes, and files that have a filesize above the set limit by your hosting provider
The only way to resolve this problem is to contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase the PHP maximum upload file size directive in the php.ini file on your server.
The file size for All in One SEO Pro is around 4 MB which is very small. We recommend increasing the PHP maximum upload file size directive to at least 5 MB.
If your hosting provider refuses, you will need to manually install All in One SEO Pro using FTP.
Here are the standard instructions for manually installing a plugin:
- Download All in One SEO Pro to your computer and unzip the downloaded file
- Connect to your server using FTP (you can find instructions on how to do this here)
- Navigate to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Upload the unzipped folder called all-in-one-seo-pro to your server
- Log into your site and go to Plugins and activate All in One SEO Pro