Notice: There is no legacy documentation available for this item, so you are seeing the current documentation.
In All in One SEO 4.2.2 we introduced a number of filter hooks that make it easier for multilingual plugin developers to integrate with our plugin.
Common uses for these filter hooks are:
- Localizing the post/term meta AIOSEO outputs in the source code
- Integrating with the multilingual sitemap capabilities of AIOSEO
- Localizing the options of AIOSEO (e.g. default title/description formats)
This documentation is aimed at developers who know what filter hooks are and how to use them. If you simply want to know if your multilingual plugin supports AIOSEO, click here.
Localizing Post/Term Meta
One of the core functionalities of All in One SEO is outputting SEO data, social markup and JSON schema into the source code of every page.
AIOSEO stores this data in its own custom tables,
aioseo_terms. As a result, this data cannot be accessed like traditional post/term meta.
Filtering Data When it is Loaded
The data is typically only loaded once per request and should stay consistent for the duration of the request.
Filtering Data When it is Saved
Please note the following:
- If a post is saved via the Block Editor, then this hook will run twice. Once when the post is saved via the REST API by the Block Editor; another time when the post is saved via a regular POST request.
- AIOSEO should automatically sanitize any of the data you’ve filtered, but we still implore you to adequately sanitize any data you manipulate on your end as well.
Integrating with the multilingual sitemap
All in One SEO is capable of generating a multilingual sitemap if you tell it what the translated versions of each post/term are. You can add dynamically add this information using our
aioseo_sitemap_term hooks respectively.
The following multilingual plugins have been confirmed as compatible with AIOSEO:
These plugins may support AIOSEO, but have not been confirmed yet:
Don’t see a plugin on this list or does your multilingual plugin not support AIOSEO yet? Then please reach out to the developer of the plugin and ask them to add support. You can refer them to this page for technical information on our filter hooks.
Are you a developer and do you need help to integrate your plugin with All in One SEO? Send us a message via our Basic Question form and we will be in touch with you shortly.