Notice: There is no legacy documentation available for this item, so you are seeing the current documentation.
Did you know that All in One SEO Pro lets you add Schema markup for products?
This means that search engines can display rich snippets for your products like the example below.
You can’t force Google to display search results like this. It happens on a per search basis depending on whether they feel it’s the best way to display the results.
In this article, we’ll cover the following:
Setting the Default Schema Type for all Products
To set the default Schema Type for your courses, click on Search Appearance in the All in One SEO menu, then click on the Content Types tab.
Scroll down to the section for your products and click on the Schema Markup tab.
Now select Product in the Schema Type drop down and click the Save Changes button.
For more detail on this, please see our article on Configuring Schema Settings here.
Schema Controls for Products is available to customers with a Basic plan or above for All in One SEO Pro.
Setting the Schema Type for Individual Products
To set the Schema Type for individual content, edit your content and scroll down to the AIOSEO Settings section, then click on the Schema tab.
Now, click the Generate Schema button to open the Schema Generator.
You’ll see the Schema Types that are available.
Click the Add Schema icon next to Product to add it.
You can now edit the schema information.
Once done, click the Add Schema button to add the schema to the post.
The Product schema has now been added to the post.
If you would like to edit any of the schema properties or delete the graph, click the Edit Schema or Delete Schema buttons in the graph card.
Configuring the Product Specific Information
When you click on Product as the Schema Type for your content, you’ll see a popup with additional fields where you can enter your product information.
The information you set in All in One SEO only appears in the source code of your content. It does not appear as content visible to visitors on your site.
Complete the fields as described below:
- Name – Enter the name of your product. By default, this is set to your post title.
- Description – Enter the description of your product. By default, this is set to your post content.
- Brand – Enter the brand of the product.
- Image – Select or upload an image that represents your article. You can also paste in the URL for an image into this field. By default, this is set to your featured image.
In the Identifiers section, you can set the following:
- SKU – Enter the SKU of the product.
- GTIN – Enter the GTIN of the product.
- MPN – Enter the MPN of the product.
In the Offer section, you can set the following:
- Price – Enter the price for your product.
- Currency – Select which currency your price is in.
- Price Valid Until – If this is a sale or limited time price then select the date that the price is valid until.
- Availability – Select the availability for your product.
In the Reviews section, you can add reviews for your product. In a review, you can set the following:
- Rating Value – The rating value for the review.
- Headline – The headline for the review.
- Content – The content/description for the review.
- Author – The name of the review author.
Click on the Add Another Review link to add more reviews for your product.
Click the Delete button to delete a review.
In the Review Rating section, you can set the following:
- Rating Minimum – Enter the minimum rating value.
- Rating Maximum – Enter the maximum rating value.
Once you’ve completed the fields, click the Add Schema button to save them.
You can also save this as a template which you can use on other products by clicking the Save Schema as Template button.
You can learn about Schema Templates here.
Using Product Schema with WooCommerce Products
You can use the product schema in All in One SEO Pro with your WooCommerce products.
When you add the Product schema to a WooCommerce Product, you’ll see an option called Autogenerate Fields that let’s you control whether AIOSEO should autogenerate most of your product schema properties based of the data from WooCommerce.
If you would rather edit all fields yourself, then you can disable this option.
You’ll also see that there is no Review Rating section because we use the reviews from WooCommerce (if you’ve enabled that feature).
Using Product Schema with Easy Digital Downloads
You can use the product schema in All in One SEO Pro with Easy Digital Downloads.
When you add the Product schema to an EDD Download, you’ll see an option called Autogenerate Fields that let’s you control whether AIOSEO should autogenerate most of your product schema properties based of the data from Easy Digital Downloads.
You’ll also see the Review Rating section, however, All in One SEO Pro works with the Easy Digital Downloads Reviews plugin and will automatically use the reviews from that plugin
Check out more documentation on our Schema Settings here.