Looking for the best WordPress redirect plugins for your site?
Redirecting deleted or edited URLs is an essential part of website maintenance. It helps you maintain your SEO gains and also helps ensure a good user experience.
In this post, we’ll show you some of the best WordPress redirect plugins and help you choose the right plugin for your WordPress website.
In This Article
- What Is a Redirect in WordPress?
- The Best WordPress Redirect Plugins: Our Expert Picks
- The Best WordPress Redirect Plugin: Our Top Pick
What Is a Redirect in WordPress?
A redirect in WordPress is the best way to tell web browsers that the requested page can be found at a different location. As a result, the browser automatically loads the page from the new location without impacting the user experience.
There are several types of redirects, with the following three being the most common on WordPress websites:
- 301 Redirect: Indicates that the resource has been permanently moved to a new location.
- 302 Redirect: Indicates that the resource has temporarily moved to a new location, but the HTTP method can be changed.
- 307 Redirect: Indicates that the resource has temporarily moved to a new location, but the HTTP method should remain the same.
By using WordPress redirects, you rest assured that your users won’t see a 404 Page Not Found Error. This ensures positive UX and that the URL change doesn’t affect search rankings.
The Best WordPress Redirect Plugins: Our Expert Picks
Choosing the right redirect plugin for your WordPress site can be difficult. With so many options available, it’s easy to be overwhelmed. We’ve taken the hard work out of this and curated a list of our expert picks.
AIOSEO is a powerful WordPress SEO plugin that’s been downloaded over 100 million times. Savvy website owners use it to help boost their rankings and drive targeted site traffic. The plugin has many SEO features and modules designed to help you optimize your website for SEO.
One of the most loved features is the Redirection Manager, a fantastic tool that allows you to set up redirections with a single click. Yes, with AIOSEO, you don’t need to write a single line of code to implement redirects on your site.
All you need to do is go to the WordPress Dashboard » All In One SEO » Redirects.
You can add any type of redirection by simply adding the URLs and selecting the type of redirection.
- Import and Export Redirects: Import and export redirects from other plugins. For more details, check out our guide on how to easily import and export redirects in WordPress.
- Check Redirect: AIOSEO’s Redirection Manager comes with a built-in redirect checker. This allows you to quickly check if your redirects are working properly.
- Automatic Redirects: You can set automatic redirects to your homepage or parent category pages.
- Logs: You can check the records of all redirects to see all the useful information.
- Full Site Redirect: You can easily redirect your entire site in a few clicks. Everything will be redirected except WordPress login and admin.
AIOSEO also comes with a handy search feature that makes it easy for you to search through 404 logs to implement redirects on important pages.
Again, all it takes to add a redirect is a single click!
With all these features and more, AIOSEO is undoubtedly the best WordPress redirect plugin on the market. If you need help installing and activating AIOSEO on your site, check out our installation guide here.
Pricing: Starts at $49.50 per year. A Lite version is also available for free on the WordPress repository.
SeedProd is one of the best WordPress website builders. Building beautiful websites and landing pages is super easy.
However, SeedProd features high on this list of best WordPress redirect plugins because you can use it to build beautiful and effective 404 pages easily.
The plugin offers several professionally-designed 404 error page templates to help you get started quickly. With SeedProd, you can also enable 301 redirects for your 404 page. Doing so helps ensure that visitors are directed to a page with the information they are looking for. This results in a better user experience, ultimately helping boost your SEO.
- Drag & drop page builder
- Live previews
- Responsive page and block templates
- Custom 404 pages
- Domain mapping
Pricing: Starts at $39.50/year. There’s also a lite version you can try out for free.
3. Yoast SEO
Yoast is yet another SEO plugin that also lets you easily set up WordPress redirection on your website.
Like AIOSEO, Yoast also allows you to choose from several types of redirections with a few clicks.
- Automatic Redirects: This plugin offers automatic redirects when you move or delete posts and pages on your WordPress websites.
- Manage Redirects: You can manage your redirects in your site admin, where you can search and filter the list.
- Import and Export Redirect: You can easily import and export redirects in CSV format.
Aside from redirection management, Yoast also comes bundled with essential SEO features, such as optimizing articles for keywords and keyphrases, as well as the ability to write meta tags, structured data blocks, and more.
Pricing: A single-site license starts at $89 per year.
Redirection is a free WordPress plugin that allows you to manage redirects on your WordPress website.
In addition, it allows conditional redirects with dozens of possibilities like server redirect, role capability redirect, page type redirects, IP address redirect, login status redirect, and more.
Although feature-rich, you still needn’t be a WordPress expert to use the plugin as it is easy to set up.
- Import and Export: This plugin supports the import and export of the redirection.
- Migrate Permalinks: It allows you to migrate old permalinks simply by entering the old permalinks structure.
- Limited Migration: This plugin offers limited redirect migration from other SEO plugins.
While Redirection is easy to use, new users might find navigating the UI a bit of a learning curve.
Pricing: The plugin is available for free.
5. Rank Math
Rank Math is another WordPress SEO plugin that offers a redirect feature. The plugin is very similar to Yoast.
The major drawback of this plugin is it only supports 3 redirect types.
- 404 error monitoring: You can monitor your site for 404 errors.
- Custom redirection: You can set up custom redirects for any page you need.
- Simple and clean: Easy setup wizard and simple and clean UI.
- Manage redirects: It allows you to easily create, manage, enable, or disable redirects at any scale.
Pricing: A single-site license starts at $59 per year.
Easy HTTPS Redirection shows only the HTTPS version of URLs to website visitors. If the visitors land at a non-HTTPS URL, they will automatically be redirected to the HTTPS URL.
In addition, you can use it to auto-redirect the HTTP version of your site to the HTTPS version.
- URL Redirection: It will automatically redirect your users from HTTP to HTTPS.
- Redirect Entire Domain: Easy HTTPS redirection offers auto-redirect to the entire domain or just a few pages.
- Only Works with SSL: This plugin only works if the SSL is installed.
Pricing: The plugin is available for free.
301 Redirects is a free WordPress redirect plugin that allows you to easily create 301 and 302 redirects in just a few steps.
This plugin is a good choice for you if you just need a basic no frills WordPress redirect plugin that doesn’t come bundled with other SEO features.
- 404 Error Pages: You can set a custom destination URL to redirect users from 404 error pages.
- Import and Export: It allows you to import and export bulk redirections.
- Limited Features: The features of the plugin are limited.
SEO Redirection is a powerful WordPress redirect plugin that allows you to manually or automatically add 301, 302, and 307 redirects to your website. The plugin also helps you find and fix 404 and soft 404 errors by integrating with Google Search Console.
- Manual 301, 302, 307 redirects
- Automatic URL change detection and redirection
- Redirect group organization
Pricing: Free. Paid licenses start at $29 per year.
The Best WordPress Redirect Plugin: Our Top Pick
If you’re looking for the best WordPress redirect plugin, then AIOSEO is definitely your best option. Not only is it super easy to use, but the plugin also has many SEO features to help you rank your website. The best part is you don’t need to add a dedicated redirect plugin if you have AIOSEO installed. This will help you keep your plugin count to a minimum, resulting in better site performance.
However, we recommend Redirection if you’re looking for the best free WordPress redirect plugin.
We hope this post helped you find the best WordPress redirect plugin. You may also want to check out our other articles, like the ultimate WordPress SEO guide and our guide on SEO-friendly URL structure in WordPress.
If you found this article helpful, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You’ll find many more helpful tutorials there. You can also follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook to stay in the loop.