Notice: There is no legacy documentation available for this item, so you are seeing the current documentation.
Following on from our article about Using the Robots Meta Settings in All in One SEO, this article shows you how to override the defaults on individual content.
The instructions in this article apply to Posts, Pages, Media Attachments, any Custom Post Types, Categories, Tags, and any Custom Taxonomies.
To get started, edit your content and scroll down to the AIOSEO Settings, then click on the Advanced tab.
Here you’ll see the Robots Setting toggle, click this to display the individual Robots Meta settings.
Here you can control the following robots meta tags:
- No Index – Set this if you don’t want this content appearing in search engines
- No Follow – Set this if you don’t want search engines following links within this content
- No Archive – Set this if you don’t want search engines caching this content in search results
- No Translate – Set this if you don’t want to translate this content in search results
- No Image Index – Set this if you don’t want search engines indexing images in this content
- No Snippet – Set this if you don’t want search engines to display a text snippet of a video preview for this content in search results
- No ODP – Set this if you don’t want search engines using information from The Open Directory Project in search results for this content
- Max Snippet – Set this to control the maximum number of characters to be used when creating the text snippet in search results
- Max Video Preview – Set this to control the maximum number of seconds for previews in search results
- Max Image Preview – Set this to control the maximum size of an image preview in search results.