Notice: There is no legacy documentation available for this item, so you are seeing the current documentation.
Check out our video on adding How-To Schema to your content here.
Did you know that All in One SEO Pro lets you add Schema markup for how to perform a task?
This means that search engines can display rich snippets for your how-to content like the example below.
You can’t force Google to display search results like this. It happens on a per search basis depending on whether they feel it’s the best way to display the results.
Setting the Schema Type for Individual How-To’s
Schema Controls for How-To content is available to customers with a Basic plan or above for All in One SEO Pro.
Upgrade to All in One SEO Pro today to get How-To Schema and many more features!
To set the Schema Type for individual content, edit your content and scroll down to the AIOSEO Settings section, then click on the Schema tab.
Now, click the Generate Schema button to open the Schema Generator.
You’ll see the Schema Types that are available.
Click the Add Schema icon next to How-To to add it.
You can now edit the schema information.
Once done, click the Add Schema button to add the schema to the post.
The How-To schema has now been added to the post.
If you would like to edit any of the schema properties or delete the graph, click the Edit Schema or Delete Schema buttons in the graph card.
Configuring the How-To Specific Information
When you click on How-To as the Schema Type for your content, you’ll see a popup with additional fields where you can enter your How-To information.
The information you set in All in One SEO only appears in the source code of your content. It does not appear as content visible to visitors on your site.
Complete the fields as described below:
- Name – Enter the name of your How-To content. By default, this is set to your post title.
- Description – Enter the description of your How-To content. By default, this is set to your post content.
- Supplies – Enter the supplies that one needs to complete the instructions.
- Tools – Enter the tools that one needs to complete the instructions.
- Required Time – Enter how much time it takes in days, hours and minutes to complete the instructions.
- Image – Select or upload an image that represents your article. You can also paste in the URL for an image into this field. By default, this is set to your featured image.
In the Estimated Cost section, you can set the following:
- Price – Enter the estimated price for required supplies/tools to complete the instructions.
- Currency – Select which currency the price is in.
In the Steps section, you can set the following:
- Title – Enter the title of the step.
- Details – Enter the description of the step.
- URL – Enter a link to the step. This can be an anchor link to the step in your content.
- Image – Select or upload an image that visualizes the step. You can also paste in the URL for an image into this field.
Click the Add Another Step link to add each step.
Click the Delete button to delete a step.
Once you’ve completed the fields, click the Add Schema button to save them.
You can also save this as a template which you can use on other How-To’s by clicking the Save Schema as Template button.
You can learn about Schema Templates here.
Check out more documentation on our Schema Settings here.
Check out our video on adding How-To Schema to your content below: