Do you want to know how to migrate your SEO settings from Yoast SEO to All in One SEO? It’s super easy!
But before anything else, we want to wish you a warm welcome! We’re happy to have you join our family. We’re also excited for you since migrating to All in One SEO (AIOSEO) will help take your SEO efforts to the next level.
In this post, we’ll show you how to switch from Yoast to All in One SEO in 2 simple steps. And don’t worry, we promise you won’t lose any of your valuable SEO data. We know how hard you’ve worked to get to where you are…
…and fortunately, it’s about to get even better!
But first, you may be wondering if it’s okay to change an SEO plugin and what will happen to all your data? We’ll put your worries to rest next.
In This Article
- Is It Okay to Change an SEO Plugin?
- Migrating From Yoast SEO to All in One SEO
- Migrating from Yoast SEO to All in One SEO: FAQs
- 1. Does AIOSEO have a canonical URL option for Woocommerce products like Yoast does?
- 2. I use the Yoast SEO free plugin. Do I need to remove it before installing AIOSEO? Will any of my Yoast SEO settings be preserved when I install AIOSEO?
- 3. I have a multi-location business, and I’m thinking of switching from Yoast to AIOSEO. Does your Local Business SEO feature support multi-location businesses?
- Ready to Make the Switch From Yoast to AIOSEO?
Is It Okay to Change an SEO Plugin?
It’s definitely okay to change an SEO plugin, and it won’t hurt your rankings in search engines.
As long as you migrate your prior SEO settings to AIOSEO, nothing will be lost. You can rest assured that AIOSEO will import all your metadata, such as SEO titles, meta descriptions, keywords, etc.
You won’t have to write them all over again and go through the hassle of updating all your web pages.
In fact, it only takes 2 simple steps to do this using AIOSEO. And if you’re currently using Rank Math instead of Yoast, the same steps work for that plugin as well.
That said, let’s take a look at how to switch from Yoast to All in One SEO next.
Migrating From Yoast SEO to All in One SEO
Are you ready to boost your SEO with the #1 most powerful WordPress SEO plugin? We can feel your excitement!
For you who don’t know, AIOSEO is the original WordPress SEO plugin and is used by over 3,000,000+ professionals all around the world.
With AIOSEO, you’ll get access to all the advanced SEO tools you need to optimize your site to rank high in search engines and drive more traffic.
Here are a few of AIOSEO’s powerful SEO tools and features:
- Smart XML Sitemaps — automatically generate a WordPress XML sitemap, video sitemap, or news sitemap to notify all search engines and Google News of any new updates.
- TruSEO On-Page Analysis — get an in-depth analysis of your on-page optimization and an actionable checklist that helps you to unlock maximum traffic with each page.
- WooCommerce SEO — get access to advanced eCommerce SEO features to optimize product pages, product categories, and more.
- Local SEO — boost rankings for all your Business Listings, and get featured in Google’s Knowledge Panel and Google Maps.
- Custom User Roles — custom user roles allow you to manage access to important SEO features without handing over control of your website.
These are just a few of the awesome SEO tools and features you’re about to discover and get access to.
Alright, let’s get started!
Easily Import Your SEO Settings Using the Setup Wizard (Takes Less than 10 Minutes)
The easiest way to import your SEO data to AIOSEO is simply by installing and activating AIOSEO and launching the Setup Wizard.
As soon as you click on the Let’s Get Started button, it’ll take you to a new window where you can import your SEO settings.
AIOSEO will automatically detect the SEO plugin you’re using, and ask you to select it.
As you can see, it has detected that you’re currently using Yoast SEO. Next, click on the Import Data and Continue button.
Now, continue the Setup Wizard’s remaining 5 steps to configure your website settings, and that’s it!
AIOSEO will automatically import your prior SEO settings, and you can go ahead and deactivate and delete Yoast SEO.
However, if you rather use the Import/Export settings to migrate your SEO data from Yoast to All in One SEO, we’ll show you how to do that next.
Importing Your SEO Settings Using the Import/Export Settings
To get started, click on the Tools section in the All in One SEO menu, and then click on the Import/Export tab.
In the Import Settings From Other Plugins section, click on the drop-down menu and select the plugin you want to import your SEO settings from.
Then, it will ask you to select the settings that you want to import, and once you’ve made your selection, you click on the Import button.
In addition, you’ll have the option to do a backup of the AIOSEO settings, which is good if you want to export your new SEO settings to another website. Just click on the Create Backup button, and AIOSEO will create and save a backup of your settings.
Exporting Your SEO Settings
Exporting your SEO settings is super easy when using AIOSEO’s Export Settings. Simply mark the checkboxes with the data you want to export.
After you’ve marked all your settings, just click on the Export Settings button in the bottom left corner, and it’ll generate a file containing all your SEO data.
Migrating from Yoast SEO to All in One SEO: FAQs
You’ve seen how easy it is to migrate from Yoast SEO to AIOSEO. But you probably have some questions regarding the move. Here are six of the most commonly asked questions we’ve received from users who’ve reached out to our support team:
1. Does AIOSEO have a canonical URL option for Woocommerce products like Yoast does?
By default, AIOSEO outputs canonical links for WooCommerce products. Moreover, you can specify your own canonical URL for any item of content. You can find this setting by editing your content and scrolling down to the AIOSEO Settings section and clicking on the Advanced tab.
2. I use the Yoast SEO free plugin. Do I need to remove it before installing AIOSEO? Will any of my Yoast SEO settings be preserved when I install AIOSEO?
Yes, you will need to deactivate the Yoast SEO plugin once you’ve activated All in One SEO because activating two SEO plugins at the same time can cause critical SEO issues.
You can import your settings and SEO data from Yoast SEO by going to All in One SEO > Tools > Import/Export > Import Settings From Other Plugins. All of your Yoast settings will get migrated to All in One SEO.
We have an article on how to do this here.
3. I have a multi-location business, and I’m thinking of switching from Yoast to AIOSEO. Does your Local Business SEO feature support multi-location businesses?
Yes, AIOSEO Pro supports multiple locations for the Local Business SEO feature. If you have a multi-location business, AIOSEO can help you get those different locations listed in local search results.
Our Local Business SEO add-on outputs structured data markup. This is a type of code (known as Schema.org) that provides search engines with detailed information about your business’s multiple locations.
Search engines may use this code to display rich results in some cases. These may include information such as your address, phone and email contact information, opening hours, and other useful information.
We have covered this in our documentation here:
4. I’m using WordPress version 4.9.18 and the Yoast SEO plugin. I can’t update WordPress because of custom work and compatibility problems but I want to migrate to AIOSEO. Is it compatible with older versions of WordPress?
All in One SEO Pro is fully compatible with WordPress 4.9 or later.
Here are the minimum requirements for AIOSEO Pro :
- WordPress version 4.9 or later
- PHP version 5.4 or later
- All in One SEO is compatible with PHP up to and including version 8.0.
So you can safely purchase and install All in One SEO Pro on your site, and that should not cause any issues.
Moreover, you can easily migrate all your existing data from Yoast to All in One SEO Pro by following this documentation:
5. How does AIOSEO compare to Yoast? If I have Yoast should I remove it or can both run together or is that overkill?
There are many differences between Yoast and AIOSEO. Here are several articles which compare the two.
You will find that AIOSEO offers more features to improve your search ranking.
Since the answer is comprehensive, feel free to read the articles below. They’ll help shed more light on some of the features that make AIOSEO stand out from Yoast:
- Yoast SEO vs All in One SEO: Which Is Best?
- SEO Audit Checklist
- Additional SEO Tools and Features
- Paid Plans and Pricing
- Yoast SEO vs All in One SEO Support
If you decide to go with AIOSEO, we don’t recommend running Yoast simultaneously. This is primarily because activating two SEO plugins can cause critical SEO issues, as both the plugins will output their own meta tags. This will lead to duplicate metadata.
6. I want to take advantage of Google’s Structured data, Google’s Knowledge Graph and some features like Yoast Local. I’m a Yoast user but find the plugin to be too expensive for me and want to switch to AIOSEO. Can AIOSEO help me with this?
Yes, our plugin adds Schema structured data markup for Google Knowledge Graph and articles, breadcrumbs and local business SEO. You can get more information in this document.
Ready to Make the Switch From Yoast to AIOSEO?
We hope this helped you understand how to migrate your SEO settings from Yoast SEO to All in One SEO. You will now have access to all the advanced and powerful SEO tools you need to drive more organic traffic to your website and improve rankings in search engines.
Wait! Don’t leave without your special gift…
…get going super fast with our 30 SEO hacks guaranteed to grow your traffic. These quick and simple hacks will help you optimize your website like a pro in no time.
For instance, it shows you how to use AIOSEO’s unique SEO Audit Checklist feature, which analyzes your site’s SEO score and gives recommendations on how to improve your SEO to reach 1st-page rankings on Google.
Get started with AIOSEO today, and you’ll be very happy you did!
Disclosure: Our content is reader-supported. This means if you click on some of our links, then we may earn a commission. We only recommend products that we believe will add value to our readers.