If you’re looking for the best SEO plugins for WordPress, this is the post for you. An SEO plugin lets you optimize your website for maximum rankings in search engines without you needing to be an SEO expert.
In this post, we’ve rounded up the best SEO plugins for WordPress to help you choose the right one for you so that you can drive more traffic to your site and grow your business.
What’s the Best SEO Plugin for WordPress?
Here’s a list of our top WordPress SEO plugins. We’re going to check out all of them and list some of their best features.
But first, why are SEO plugins important?
SEO plugins are important because optimizing your website for search engines can help you rank higher in search results and significantly grow your business.
In fact, research shows that 75% of searchers don’t bother clicking past the results on the first page. And the first 5 results for a given search account for 67% of all clicks.
This should make you realize how crucial it is to have all the SEO tools and features needed to make this happen. And that’s exactly what these SEO plugins offer you in various ways. Let’s look at that next.
Best WordPress Plugins for SEO in 2021 Listed
AIOSEO is the best WordPress SEO plugin for a lot of reasons. It’s a beginner-friendly SEO plugin that’s easy to use and yet very powerful.
It’s the original WordPress SEO plugin and has over 2+ million active installations. AIOSEO puts the user experience first and helps you improve your website’s SEO rankings in less than 10 minutes.
Not only that, it also eliminates the need to install multiple plugins and works perfectly for all types of businesses like eCommerce stores, blogs, news sites, etc. AIOSEO comes with a free Lite version, as well as Pro versions.
AIOSEO offers advanced SEO tools and features such as:
- SEO Custom User Roles: To help you manage access to important SEO features without handing over control of your website.
- SEO Audit Checklist: That helps you analyze your entire WordPress site to detect critical errors and get actionable insights to boost your SEO and get more organic traffic. It also lets you analyze your competitor’s SEO so that you can find out what keywords they are using and get ahead.
- TruSEO On-Page Analysis: It lets you easily add title tags, meta descriptions, keywords, and everything else you need for proper on-page SEO optimization. Not to mention, the content analysis tool that helps you write better articles and helps you take your SEO efforts to the next step.
- Smart XML Sitemap: That’s generated automatically and are notifying all search engines of any updates to your content. You also have the option to create video sitemaps and Google News sitemaps.
- Rich Snippet Schema: The Pro plan offers complete support for schema markup, so you can get more clicks and traffic with nice looking rich snippets. For instance, it offers schema markup for your articles, products, FAQs, apps, courses, recipes, etc.
- RSS Content and RSS Sitemap: The plugin lets you take control of your RSS feed to add credits, custom text, and links, or even advertisements to help monetize your blog. You can automatically submit an RSS Sitemap to Google to make it find your content easier.
- Social Media Integration: This feature allows you to control how your content looks when shared on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media networks. You can create beautiful Twitter Cards or Facebook thumbnails with titles and descriptions, plus a featured image. This, to maximize the click through rate from social media to your site.
- Robots.txt Editor: With the robots.txt editor, you can take full control over the instructions you give web crawlers or bots about what folders and files to crawl on your site. It allows you to allow or disallow any URL on your site, which helps improve your load speed and performance.
- WooCommerce SEO: The Pro plan offers advanced eCommerce SEO support for WooCommerce to optimize product pages, product categories, and more. It helps you grow your eCommerce store in no time.
- Local SEO: The plugin gives you all the tools you need to improve your local SEO and rank higher on Google Maps. It also helps people find your business easier.
Plus, AIOSEO makes it easy to connect your site with Google Search Console, and integrates with many popular WordPress plugins including WooCommerce, MemberPress, etc. And you can easily import your SEO data if you’ve been using a different SEO plugin.
It doesn’t stop there…
…it also lets you follow Google’s rel link attribute standards to classify your links. You can easily add the nofollow, sponsored, and ugc attributes to your links in just 2 clicks. This, to tell Google you’re not voting for that link. Or that it’s a paid link, or from user generated content.
The Pro plan starts at $49.50 per year + 14-day money back guarantee. If you’re looking for free SEO plugins, you can use the AlOSEO Lite version and later upgrade to the Pro version once you’re ready to take your SEO efforts to the next level.
2. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is another WordPress SEO plugin that’s a close contender to AIOSEO. It lets you add SEO titles and descriptions to all posts and pages on your website.
Yoast SEO offers a limited free Lite version, as well as a premium version with more SEO tools.
However, if you want all the SEO tools that AIOSEO offers its Pro plan, such as video XML sitemap, local SEO, WooCommerce SEO, and so forth, you’ve to buy these as separate plugins or buy the full bundle package, which is quite pricey.
- SEO Meta Box: The plugin lets you add your title, description, and keyphrase to your posts or pages. As well as analyze your content for errors and improvements.
- XML Sitemap: Like AIOSEO, it automatically adds an XML sitemap, which makes it easy for Google to understand your site’s structure.
- Schema.org Integration: It allows for Schema Markup to get rich search results.
- Breadcrumb Trails: You can control your site breadcrumbs so that users and search engines always know where they are on your site.
Yoast SEO gets the job done, but it’s priced higher than AIOSEO for all its versions and add on plugins. It doesn’t offer an SEO Audit of your site or the option to analyze your competitor’s SEO, which are powerful tools when you want to maximize your rankings and get ahead of your competition.
Pricing for a single site license starts at $89 per year.
3. Rank Math
Rank Math is another WordPress SEO plugin that’s a newcomer compared to AIOSEO and Yoast SEO.
Rank Math offers a free Lite version that has slightly more SEO tools than Yoast SEO’s free version, such as Google Trends integration and keyword rank tracking. Like the other SEO plugins, it also offers Premium plans if you’ve more than one site.
In addition, it comes with an easier setup wizard than Yoast’s 12-step wizard. But still, it has 6 steps when AIOSEO only comes with 4 easy steps.
- Import of SEO Data During Setup: The plugin allows you to import data from other SEO plugins during the setup process.
- SEO Meta Box: It lets you add your title, description, and keyphrase to your posts and pages. As well as analyze your content for errors and improvements.
- Connect to Google Search Console: It’s integrated with Webmaster Tools and lets you connect to Google Search Console.
- Open Graph Metadata: You can add Open Graph meta data to your blog posts to show a Facebook thumbnail or Twitter Cards when your content is shared on social media.
Pricing for a single site license starts at $59 per year.
MonsterInsights isn’t an on-page SEO plugin, but is an essential Google Analytics tool for maximizing the optimization process and driving more traffic to your site. Best of all, it tells you the stats that matter so that you can grow your business.
MonsterInsights has over 2+ million active installations, so it’s worth trying out these features if you want to grow your business:
- Google Analytics Dashboard: The plugin’s key advantage to Google Analytics is the freedom to review real-time results directly from your WordPress dashboard. You don’t have to slide back and forth from Google Analytics and your website, which can easily get confusing.
- Universal Tracking: It allows you to set up universal website tracking across devices and campaigns with just a few clicks. No coding needed.
- Referral Traffic Tracking: This Analytics feature lets you track your referral traffic so that you can work on getting more partnerships and backlinks to your site.
- Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking: The plugin offers 1-click Google Analytics enhanced eCommerce tracking for WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, and MemberPress.
- Performance and Optimization: You can enable Google Optimize for A/B testing, and for adjusting the speed and sample rate.
- Plus many more advanced features.
The Pro plan starts at $99.50 per year + 14-day money back guarantee. If you’re looking for a free Google Analytics plugin, you can also use MonsterInsights Lite to get access to the free analytics features before upgrading to the premium version.
5. WP Rocket
WP Rocket is the best WordPress caching plugin in the market. It offers a comprehensive set of tools to help speed up your website, such as page caching and preloading.
Even if you can’t optimize your meta data with this plugin, you can optimize your site’s speed and performance, which is important for SEO.
- Improved Page Speed: The plugin crawls and saves a static copy of your pages in the cache and allows WordPress to show the cached page to the user instead of generating a page on the fly. This frees up server resources on your website and improves the overall page load time.
- Advanced Caching: It gives you full control over caching. You can choose to exclude pages that you don’t want to be cached to increase site load speed even more.
- Browser Cashing: This feature stores the frequently accessed resources of your site like images, JS, and CSS in the local memory of the navigation device for both desktop and mobile sites. Your visitors can then view your website content faster.
- eCommerce Optimization: The plugin allows your eCommerce store to run fast and smooth since it excludes sensitive pages from the cache. It helps ensure that there are no interference in the purchasing process.
WP Rocket also comes with add ons such as Google Analytics, Facebook pixel, Cloudflare, etc.
W3 Total Cache is the fastest and most complete WordPress performance optimization plugin. It lets you optimize your website for speed and performance, which can improve rankings in the search results.
It does this by leveraging features like page and browser cache and Content Delivery Network (CDN) integration.
For more details, see WPBeginner’s guide on how to install and setup W3 Total Cache and MaxCDN. W3 Total Cache comes with a free Lite version, as well as a Pro version.
- CDN Integration: The plugin integrates with MaxCDN, which is one of the largest Content Delivery Network providers. It helps accelerate your site and decrease the server load.
- Page and Browser Caching: It gives instant repeat page views of the sites you’ve visited and doesn’t need to load the page all over.
- Caching in Memory, Disk, or CDN: The plugin is caching your minified and compressed pages and posts in memory or on disk or on (FSD) CDN. In fact, you can get up to 80% bandwidth savings from minifying HTML, CSS, and JS files.
- Website Security: It offers various security features to help ensure website safety.
- Caching Statistics: You can see caching statistics of any of your enabled features to get performance insights.
The cache plugins are good compliments to SEO plugins, since they help optimize your website for load speed, but can’t replace them. For example, you should definitely use both AIOSEO and W3 Total Cache for optimal SEO and performance.
The Pro license costs $99 per year and gives you access to more advanced cache features.
Which Is the Best SEO Plugin for WordPress?
Well, you can use any of the SEO plugins mentioned in this blog post to optimize your website for rankings in search engines. As well as the cache plugins to increase speed and performance. After all, nor Google or your website visitors like a slow site.
However, you should use AIOSEO if you want to optimize your website like a pro and climb the rankings in no time. It’s absolutely the best WordPress SEO plugin in the market.
AIOSEO gives you access to all the advanced SEO tools and features that you’ll need to take your SEO efforts to the next level. All this, without any coding skills.
We hope this post helped you to find the best SEO plugin for WordPress.
We’ve got a great comparison if you’d like to check out the differences in Yoast SEO vs All in One SEO, as well.