Looking for the best SEO plugins for WordPress?
Then this post is just for you.
An SEO plugin lets you optimize your website for maximum rankings in search engines without you needing to be an SEO expert.
In this post, we’ve rounded up the best SEO plugins for WordPress to help you choose the right one for you so that you can drive more traffic to your site and grow your business.
What’s the Best SEO Plugin for WordPress?
Here’s a list of our top WordPress SEO plugins. We’re going to check out all of them and list some of their best features.
But first, why are SEO plugins important?
SEO plugins are important because optimizing your website for search engines can help you rank higher in search results and significantly grow your business.
In fact, research shows that 75% of searchers don’t bother clicking past the results on the first page. And the first 5 results for a given search account for 67% of all clicks.
This should make you realize how crucial it is to have all the SEO tools and features needed to make this happen. And that’s exactly what these SEO plugins offer you in various ways. Let’s look at that next.
Best SEO Plugins for WordPress in 2022 Listed
AIOSEO is the best WordPress SEO plugin for a lot of reasons. It’s a beginner-friendly SEO plugin that’s easy to use and yet very powerful.
It’s the original WordPress SEO plugin and has over 3 million active installations. AIOSEO puts the user experience first and helps you improve your website’s SEO rankings in less than 10 minutes.
Not only that, but it also eliminates the need to install multiple plugins and works perfectly for all types of businesses like eCommerce stores, blogs, news sites, etc. AIOSEO comes with a free Lite version, as well as Pro versions.
AIOSEO offers advanced SEO tools and features such as:
- SEO Custom User Roles: To help you manage access to important SEO features without handing over control of your website.
- SEO Audit Checklist: That helps you analyze your entire WordPress site to detect critical errors and get actionable insights to boost your SEO and get more organic traffic. It also lets you analyze your competitor’s SEO so that you can find out what keywords they are using and get ahead.
- TruSEO On-Page Analysis: It lets you easily add title tags, meta descriptions, keywords, and everything else you need for proper on-page SEO optimization. Not to mention, the content analysis tool helps you write better articles and helps you take your SEO efforts to the next step.
- Link Assistant: Link Assistant is a much-loved feature that makes it easy to build strategic internal links on your site.
- Smart XML Sitemap: That’s generated automatically and is notifying all search engines of any updates to your content. You also have the option to create video sitemaps and Google News sitemaps.
- Rich Snippet Schema: The Pro plan offers complete support for schema markup, so you can get more clicks and traffic with nice-looking rich snippets. For instance, it offers schema markup for your articles, products, FAQs, apps, courses, recipes, etc.
- RSS Content and RSS Sitemap: The plugin lets you take control of your RSS feed to add credits, custom text, links, or even advertisements to help monetize your blog. You can automatically submit an RSS Sitemap to Google to make it find your content easier.
- Social Media Integration: This feature allows you to control how your content looks when shared on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media networks. You can create beautiful Twitter Cards or Facebook thumbnails with titles and descriptions, plus a featured image. This is to maximize the click-through rate from social media to your site.
- Robots.txt Editor: With the robots.txt editor, you can take full control over the instructions you give web crawlers or bots about what folders and files to crawl on your site. It allows you to allow or disallow any URL on your site, which helps improve your load speed and performance.
- WooCommerce SEO: The Pro plan offers advanced eCommerce SEO support for WooCommerce to optimize product pages, product categories, and more. It helps you grow your eCommerce store in no time.
- Local SEO: The plugin gives you all the tools you need to improve your local SEO and rank higher on Google Maps. It also helps people find your business easier.
Plus, AIOSEO makes it easy to connect your site with Google Search Console, through our Webmaster Tools feature. It also integrates with many popular WordPress plugins including WooCommerce, MemberPress, etc. And you can easily import your SEO data if you’ve been using a different SEO plugin.
It doesn’t stop there…
…it also lets you follow Google’s rel link attribute standards to classify your links. You can easily add the nofollow, sponsored, and UGC attributes to your links in just 2 clicks. Doing so tells Google you’re not voting for that link. Or that it’s a paid link, or from user-generated content.
The Pro plan starts at $49.50 per year plus a 14-day money-back guarantee. If you’re looking for free SEO plugins, you can use the AlOSEO Lite version and later upgrade to the Pro version once you’re ready to take your SEO efforts to the next level.
2. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is another WordPress SEO plugin that’s a close contender to AIOSEO. It lets you add SEO titles and descriptions to all posts and pages on your website.
Yoast SEO offers a limited free Lite version, as well as a premium version with more SEO tools.
However, if you want all the SEO tools that AIOSEO offers in its Pro plan, such as video XML sitemap, local SEO, WooCommerce SEO, and so forth, you’ve to buy these as separate plugins or buy the full bundle package, which is quite pricey.
- SEO Meta Box: The plugin lets you add your title, description, and keyphrase to your posts or pages. As well as analyze your content for errors and improvements.
- XML Sitemap: Like AIOSEO, it automatically adds an XML sitemap, which makes it easy for Google to understand your site’s structure.
- Schema.org Integration: It allows for Schema Markup to get rich search results.
- Breadcrumb Trails: You can control your site breadcrumbs so that users and search engines always know where they are on your site.
Yoast SEO gets the job done, but it’s priced higher than AIOSEO. That’s especially since you have to pay extra for each addon. Also, it doesn’t offer an SEO Audit of your site or the option to analyze your competitor’s SEO. These are powerful tools when you want to maximize your rankings and get ahead of your competition.
Pricing for a single site license starts at $89 per year.
3. Rank Math
Rank Math is another WordPress SEO plugin that’s a newcomer compared to AIOSEO and Yoast SEO.
Rank Math offers a free Lite version that has slightly more SEO tools than Yoast SEO’s free version, such as Google Trends integration and keyword rank tracking. Like the other SEO plugins, it also offers premium plans if you’ve more than one site.
In addition, it comes with an easier setup wizard than Yoast’s 12-step wizard. But still, it has 6 steps while AIOSEO only comes with 4 easy steps.
- Import of SEO Data During Setup: The plugin allows you to import data from other SEO plugins during the setup process.
- SEO Meta Box: It lets you add your title, description, and keyphrase to your posts and pages. As well as analyze your content for errors and improvements.
- Connect to Google Search Console: It’s integrated with Webmaster Tools and lets you connect to Google Search Console.
- Open Graph Metadata: You can add Open Graph metadata to your blog posts to show a Facebook thumbnail or Twitter Cards when your content is shared on social media.
Pricing for a single site license starts at $59 per year.
MonsterInsights isn’t an on-page SEO plugin but is an essential Google Analytics tool for maximizing the optimization process and driving more traffic to your site. Best of all, it tells you the stats that matter so that you can grow your business.
MonsterInsights has over 3 million active installations, so it’s worth trying out these features if you want to grow your business:
- Google Analytics Dashboard: The plugin’s key advantage to Google Analytics is the freedom to review real-time results directly from your WordPress dashboard. You don’t have to slide back and forth between Google Analytics and your website, which can easily get confusing.
- Universal Tracking: It allows you to set up universal website tracking across devices and campaigns with just a few clicks. No coding is needed.
- Referral Traffic Tracking: This Analytics feature lets you track your referral traffic so that you can work on getting more partnerships and backlinks to your site.
- Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking: The plugin offers 1-click Google Analytics enhanced eCommerce tracking for WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, and MemberPress.
- Performance and Optimization: You can enable Google Optimize for A/B testing, and for adjusting the speed and sample rate.
- Plus many more advanced features.
The Pro plan starts at $99.50 per year with a 14-day money-back guarantee. If you’re looking for a free Google Analytics plugin, you can also use MonsterInsights Lite to get access to the free analytics features before upgrading to the premium version.
5. WP Rocket
WP Rocket is the best WordPress caching plugin in the market. It offers a comprehensive set of tools to help speed up your website, such as page caching and preloading.
Even if you can’t optimize your metadata with this plugin, you can optimize your site’s speed and performance, which is important for SEO.
- Improved Page Speed: The plugin crawls and saves a static copy of your pages in the cache and allows WordPress to show the cached page to the user instead of generating a page on the fly. This frees up server resources on your website and improves the overall page load time.
- Advanced Caching: It gives you full control over caching. You can choose to exclude pages that you don’t want to be cached to increase site load speed even more.
- Browser Cashing: This feature stores the frequently accessed resources of your site like images, JS, and CSS in the local memory of the navigation device for both desktop and mobile sites. Your visitors can then view your website content faster.
- eCommerce Optimization: The plugin allows your eCommerce store to run fast and smoothly since it excludes sensitive pages from the cache. It helps ensure that there are no interferences in the purchasing process.
WP Rocket also comes with add-ons such as Google Analytics, Facebook pixel, Cloudflare, etc.
W3 Total Cache is the fastest and most complete WordPress performance optimization plugin. It lets you optimize your website for speed and performance, which can improve rankings in the search results.
It does this by leveraging features like page and browser cache and Content Delivery Network (CDN) integration.
For more details, see WPBeginner’s guide on how to install and set up W3 Total Cache and MaxCDN. W3 Total Cache comes with a free Lite version, as well as a Pro version.
- CDN Integration: The plugin integrates with MaxCDN, which is one of the largest Content Delivery Network providers. It helps accelerate your site and decrease the server load.
- Page and Browser Caching: It gives instant repeat page views of the sites you’ve visited and doesn’t need to load the page all over.
- Caching in Memory, Disk, or CDN: The plugin is caching your minified and compressed pages and posts in memory or on disk or on (FSD) CDN. In fact, you can get up to 80% bandwidth savings from minifying HTML, CSS, and JS files.
- Website Security: It offers various security features to help ensure website safety.
- Caching Statistics: You can see caching statistics of any of your enabled features to get performance insights.
Cache plugins are good compliments to SEO plugins, since they help optimize your website for load speed, but can’t replace them. For example, you should definitely use both AIOSEO and W3 Total Cache for optimal SEO and performance.
The Pro license costs $99 per year and gives you access to more advanced cache features.
7. Schema Pro
Schema Pro is an excellent WordPress SEO plugin for adding schema markup to your website. This results in rich snippets that help your content stand out in search results by giving extra information such as star ratings, prices below a product, image or video next to the description, and so on.
- Unlimited websites: You can use a single license on an unlimited number of websites.
- Over 20 advanced schema types: Choose from over 20 schema markup types for each page or post you create.
- Article guidelines: Gives you guidelines for the type of schema needed on each page.
- Live schema testing: This allows you to see how your rich snippets will look on search engine results pages (SERPs).
Most WordPress SEO plugins, All in One SEO (AIOSEO), already add schema markup to your website. But, if you need more schema types or simply want to extend the functionality of your SEO plugin, then Schema Pro can help you do just that. Schema Pro can work alongside your WordPress SEO plugin by mapping the plugin data to Schema Pro fields.
You can get Schema Pro for $79/year or pay for a $249 lifetime license.
SEOPress is another WordPress SEO plugin you should have on your radar. Like the other SEO plugins on this list, it comes with free and paid versions.
One of the advantages of SEOPress is that it’s super easy to use. This makes it beginner-friendly.
- WooCommerce integration: Helps you optimize your WooCommerce store listings.
- Schema markup: For rich snippets on SERPs, resulting in improved clickthrough rates.
- Sitemaps: Create sitemaps to help search engines know which URLs to prioritize as they crawl your site.
- Content analysis: Gives you guidance on how to better optimize your content.
- Open Graph and Twitter cards: Optimize your content for sharing on social media.
- Image SEO: Increase your page load speed by optimizing your images.
While SEOPress has many features, the drawback is that it lacks some of the more advanced ones you’ll find in powerful plugins like AIOSEO.
Pricing starts at $49/year.
SEO is not just about tweaking your website to rank higher. It goes beyond that to include elements like user experience and conversions. We’ve included this section to show you some other WordPress plugins you’d do well to have as they augment your SEO efforts.
SeedProd deserves the top spot in this section as it is a powerful theme and page builder. Trusted by over 1 million websites, it’s a great plugin for building lightweight, fast, responsive websites.
Because it comes with many templates for any industry and niche, you can easily use it to build custom sites. The best part is that you don’t need any coding or technical knowledge to use SeedProd. That’s because it comes with drag-and-drop functionality that allows you to see what you’re building as you build it.
All your SEO efforts will be wasted if the traffic you drive to your website doesn’t convert. That’s why you need a tool like OptinMonster.
OptinMonster is the most powerful lead generation and conversion optimization software on the market. It helps you convert your traffic into leads by helping you sign visitors up to your email list. This is all thanks to the powerful Exit-Intent® technology that converts abandoning visitors into subscribers. It also enables you to create custom campaigns you can display to users based on their behaviors and location.
To make campaign building easy, OptinMonster comes with dozens of professionally-designed templates. Customizing them is super easy, thanks to the drag-and-drop builder. Moreover, it seamlessly integrates with other marketing platforms you need to drive sales from your email list.
RafflePress is a popular WordPress giveaway and contest plugin you should consider using. Sure, it may not be an SEO plugin, but you can use it to drive tons of traffic to your website from social media. This is important to your SEO as the high volumes of traffic signal to search engines that your website is valuable to users. As a result, this will boost your rankings.
One thing users love about RafflePress is its ease of use. Creating custom campaigns is a breeze as the plugin comes with pre-built giveaway templates. It also comes with a terms and conditions generator. With these features and more, you can easily create your giveaways in 5 minutes or less. Other notable features include tracking, retargeting, fraud protection, and more.
Which Is the Best SEO Plugin for WordPress?
Well, you can use any of the SEO plugins mentioned in this blog post to optimize your website for rankings in search engines. As well as the cache plugins to increase speed and performance. After all, neither Google nor your website visitors like a slow site.
However, you should use AIOSEO if you want to optimize your website like a pro and climb the rankings in no time. It’s absolutely the best WordPress SEO plugin in the market.
AIOSEO gives you access to all the advanced SEO tools and features that you’ll need to take your SEO efforts to the next level. All this, without any coding skills.
We hope this post helped you to find the best SEO plugin for WordPress.
We’ve got a great comparison if you’d like to check out the differences in Yoast SEO vs All in One SEO, as well.
If you found this article helpful, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You’ll find many more helpful tutorials there. You can also follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook to stay in the loop.